The North Carolina Career and College Promise Program allows high school students to take college level courses for both HIGH SCHOOL and college credit. The classes are FREE and available to 11th and 12th grade students
Choose from two Pathways (click here for more info) 1. Career Technical Pathway -courses transfer to a community college Associate/Diploma/Certificate Program 2. College Transfer Pathway -must have a 3.0 GPA -courses transfer to a UNC public or private college/university
How do I get started?
1. Meet with your School Counselor or Dr. Jessee to verify your eligibility
3. Return complete CCP Enrollment Packet to Wake Tech · Application · Eligibility Verification (EV) Form -For College Transfer courses – see Mrs. Moore in Student Services) -for signature For CTE courses – see Dr. Jessee in room 101) · Copy of high school transcript · Test scores (if applicable)
4. Receive Official Acceptance Letter · Will include information regarding registering for Orientation
5. Attend CCP Orientation at Wake Tech
6. Return CCP Course Selection Form to Wake Tech ·Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 2 FVHS classes (1st and 2nd period) · If leaving FVHS after 2nd period, choose Wake Tech classes beginning after 11:30 · If leaving FVHS after 3rd period, choose Wake Tech classes beginning after 2:00 *See Mrs. Moore in Student Services for information on how Wake Tech courses are counted toward high school credits and graduation requirements.
7. Be registered for class(es) at Wake Tech
8. Return completed WCPSS Dual Enrollment form to FVHS Student Services · Specify Wake Tech Course Name and Course Code · Attach a copy of your course schedule printed from your Wake Tech WebAdvisor account · Work with Mrs. Moore or your counselor to make adjustments to your FVHS schedule · Complete an FVHS Early Release Form
9. Obtain Wake Tech Student ID/parking decal (If you did not do so at orientation)
Students will not be officially enrolled in CCP course until the Summer. Your FVHS schedule will be adjusted when you return to school in August. Please give a current copy of your Wake Tech schedule to your counselor so your schedule can be adjusted accordingly. click here to view the ccp handout.